Skip to main content

SEALS 2017 Morning Meditation - Psalms 38

Flat Tire on the Motorbike Journey into the Villages, Laos, March 2014

Do Not Forsake Me, O Lord
Psalm 38 (ESV)
A Psalm of David, for the memorial offering

How often do you feel overloaded by surroundings, criticisms, judgments, shame, and even sometimes our own communities?  As Disciples on this earthly journey our Refuge is here to lean on throughout all our struggles, hardships, judgments, shame, and community development.

  • ·      Read through Psalms 38.
  • ·      Reflect on each section
  • ·      Write your own psalms of offering in your own words
  • ·      Our Refuge is here to lean on.
Surrender: Confession of Shortcomings
1. O Lord, rebuke me not in your anger, nor discipline me in your wrath!  2. For your arrows have sunk into me, and your hand has come down on me.  3. There is no soundness in my flesh because of your indignation; there is no health in my bones because of my sin. 4. For my iniquities have gone over my head; like a heavy burden, they are too heavy for me. 5. My wounds stink and fester because of my foolishness,
6. I am utterly bowed down and prostrate; all the day I go about mourning. 7. For my sides are filled with burning, and there is no soundness in my flesh. 8. I am feeble and crushed; I groan because of the tumult of my heart.

Complaint:  Confession of Desires and Emptiness
9. O Lord, all my longing is before you; my sighing is not hidden from you.  10. My heart throbs; my strength fails me, and the light of my eyes—it also has gone from me.  11. My friends and companions stand aloof from my plague, and my nearest kin stand far off.  12. Those who seek my life lay their snares; those who seek my hurt speak of ruin and meditate treachery all day long. 

Prayer Posture:  Confession of Humility
13. But I am like a deaf man; I do not hear, like a mute man who does not open his mouth.  14. I have become like a man who does not hear, and in whose mouth are no rebukes.  15. But for you, O Lord, do I wait; it is you, O Lord my God, who will answer.  16. For I said, “Only let them not rejoice over me, who boast against me when my foot slips!”  17. For I am ready to fall, and my pain is ever before me.

Confession of Truth (God’s Character)
18. I confess my iniquity; I am sorry for my sin.  19. But my foes are vigorous, they are mighty, and many are those who hate me wrongfully.  20. Those who render me evil for good accuse me because I follow after good.  21. Do not forsake me, O Lord! O my God, be not far from me!  22. Make haste to help me, O Lord, my salvation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Apple Pie Prayer Life

I went to Mt. Hermon to Cabin lead this past June/July. There was an illustration that one of the speakers, Tim Lee, gave that really helped me re-evaluate my relationship with God, being a visual learner, illustrations really help. He gave the Apple Pie Message. He was talking to his mentor, discussing (Tim's) recent revelations in both their spiritual walk with God.  Tim was saying that, if his life was like a pie graph, his time was/is split into so many slices, and noticed that each portion is much larger than his "God Slice".  He mentioned that 25% was for sleep, 33% was for social media, studies, work, and emails, 20% was for friends and family, and 20% was for fun, and minimally a 2% for God - morning quiet time, and prayer before meals and bed.  He asked his mentor what wisdom he could have to help him learn to manage and balance out his life and get the pie slices to be more even. His mentor replied,  "Pie is really good, I love pie, so Tim, what is y

Words

SEALS 2012 was.... generated by Wordle.net For all who attended SEALS 2012, and to the ones that were not able to attend.  These are the words that influence us today as we have departed one another.  With these words we become a living testimony by Truth Is, and by Spoken Word. For those who have returned home to an avalanche of reality, be courageous.  Our fear is not about our doubt, its about our futility, the feeling of being useless or ineffective.  It's healthy to be doubtful, sad, mournful, heavy-hearted, in pain, broken, stressed; these are feelings that the Father created, emotions that He also feels. He also created compassion, joy, empathy, redemption, surrender so that we would rely on Him as a source. This words collaged above represent how attendees felt leaving SEALS 2012.  Be empowered by these words.  May our words continually be edified and may we continue to be bold in our ministries "Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or terrified  beca

SEALS 2017 Morning Meditation - Listening Prayer thru Art

Matthew Geppert from Southeast Asian Prayer Center (SEACP) challenged conferees to take a moment to reflect and listen regarding our Identity.  The   continual  encouragement was to  remember  and minister to ourselves this message.   And  when we are struggling most to  remember it and profess it outwardly during those hardships. We repeated in response: “I AM WHO I AM  MADE BY THE I AM WHO  SAYS WHO I AM.” This morning create a time and space for listening prayer.   Perhaps the Lord may offer an adjective to describe the season, provide an affirmation, a new name, a vision, or an image.   After listening, perhaps draw, sketch, paint, or color the provided word.   It can become a process that will reveal a lesson, bring healing, and/or bring clarity. Creative methods and strategies with new tools may have its struggles and uncover an emotional or spiritual epiphany. This morning during morning meditation a few