Skip to main content

A Word from the Prayer Coordinator


Purpose of SEAC Prayer Journal

In order to be the catalyst that we have been called to be, this blog, will serve as a prayer journal for SEAC, documenting, encouraging, equipping, and cultivating a lifestyle of prayer in our community. We will be seeking God together as a family of believers through a prayer filled life. There will be prayer topics, encouragements to help us all face daily life, requests that we can uplift for SEAC events and leaders, praise reports, references/resources on prayer, Southeast Asian current events, and of course chewing on the Word of God.

With this purpose may we grow more intimately as the Bride of Christ.

-from your Prayer Coordinator,
Janice M. Chau

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inside Out

He is working in us on a daily basis, even when we are not in tip top shape.  This was Paul's hope, prayer, and encouragement to the leaders, forerunners, and churches:   Therefore do not loose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, though inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. -2 Corinthians 4:16-17 (NIV) He continually works from the inside out. May our mind be set towards kingdom thinking; may this be our prayer this week. Let our prayers humble us as we continue to serve our churches, communities, work place, friends, family, PEOPLE that dwell with us.  He truly gives when we are opened to receiving.

SEALS 2017 Morning Meditation - Listening Prayer thru Art

Matthew Geppert from Southeast Asian Prayer Center (SEACP) challenged conferees to take a moment to reflect and listen regarding our Identity.  The   continual  encouragement was to  remember  and minister to ourselves this message.   And  when we are struggling most to  remember it and profess it outwardly during those hardships. We repeated in response: “I AM WHO I AM  MADE BY THE I AM WHO  SAYS WHO I AM.” This morning create a time and space for listening prayer.   Perhaps the Lord may offer an adjective to describe the season, provide an affirmation, a new name, a vision, or an image.   After listening, perhaps draw, sketch, paint, or color the provided word.   It can become a process that will reveal a lesson, bring healing, and/or bring clarity. Creative methods and strategies with new tools may have its struggles and uncover an emotional or spiritual ep...

Giving with Delight

To the God we serve and delight in... On a daily basis we constantly struggle with the perspective of what it means to forgive and give/serve others.  I realized that when we are actively serving those around us, old friends, new friends, family members, co-workers, ministry partners, volunteers, interns, students, your pastor, the barista that rung up your coffee this morning etc...we tend to live in the illusions of self by bring our baggage from the past.   Some examples:  -I'm experiencing a bad morning, so I don't have to smile as I leave the barista that just rung up my morning cup of coffee.   -I was stuck in traffic this morning and wasn't in the mood, so I didn't  feel like opening the door for the intern with the big pile of papers/books in hand on the way into work. -I haven't heard back from my old high school friend for like 10 years, and they just called in for a favor, why bother responding. -I did not appreciate how my grandparents...