Skip to main content

Zimbabwe Proverb

We each have seasons of challenges, struggles, and hardships.  We also have seasons of joy, delight, prosperity, and gratitude.  November just so happens to be the month that many people begin to reflect on the happenings, tone, and events of the past 10 months:. (perseverance, goals achieved, blessings, milestones, blessings, thanksgiving, and Truths).  It's the perfect timing as we are in an 8 week countdown til the year 2013.  

A testimony passed from one person to the next comes from the roots of a Zimbabwe Proverb.  It was passed down to me from an acquaintance named Bridget.  We met through an organization we both mentor in.  She shared her testimony which includes every possible calamity, like Job, in modern day: stricken with illness that faces death, possibly being paralyzed for the rest of her life,  siblings running away and never to be seen again, to being flat broke in a foreign land.  But by God's grace and through art and story telling she was blessed by these little things.  Someone shared with her, then she dared to face her fears and drew it out. 


Bridget's Interpretation of the Zimbabwe Proverb
If you can talk, 
You can SING,
If you can walk,
You can DANCE.

May these words and creative arts find you in peace and bless you where ever you may be.  With God and the deposit of the Holy Spirit, we are given a power that helps us to believe and act in immeasurably possible ways of faith.  As we approach the holiday seasons may we not only reflect but, be filled with a faith that EXPECTS, MAGNIFIES, BLESSES, and EXTOLS the Lord.   

Like I heard in church service the other day, if God is to be magnified, made BIG, and extolled, made to LIFT UP, and the power is in us, may our faith be like dynamite.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inside Out

He is working in us on a daily basis, even when we are not in tip top shape.  This was Paul's hope, prayer, and encouragement to the leaders, forerunners, and churches:   Therefore do not loose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, though inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. -2 Corinthians 4:16-17 (NIV) He continually works from the inside out. May our mind be set towards kingdom thinking; may this be our prayer this week. Let our prayers humble us as we continue to serve our churches, communities, work place, friends, family, PEOPLE that dwell with us.  He truly gives when we are opened to receiving.

SEALS 2017 Morning Meditation - Listening Prayer thru Art

Matthew Geppert from Southeast Asian Prayer Center (SEACP) challenged conferees to take a moment to reflect and listen regarding our Identity.  The   continual  encouragement was to  remember  and minister to ourselves this message.   And  when we are struggling most to  remember it and profess it outwardly during those hardships. We repeated in response: “I AM WHO I AM  MADE BY THE I AM WHO  SAYS WHO I AM.” This morning create a time and space for listening prayer.   Perhaps the Lord may offer an adjective to describe the season, provide an affirmation, a new name, a vision, or an image.   After listening, perhaps draw, sketch, paint, or color the provided word.   It can become a process that will reveal a lesson, bring healing, and/or bring clarity. Creative methods and strategies with new tools may have its struggles and uncover an emotional or spiritual ep...

Giving with Delight

To the God we serve and delight in... On a daily basis we constantly struggle with the perspective of what it means to forgive and give/serve others.  I realized that when we are actively serving those around us, old friends, new friends, family members, co-workers, ministry partners, volunteers, interns, students, your pastor, the barista that rung up your coffee this morning etc...we tend to live in the illusions of self by bring our baggage from the past.   Some examples:  -I'm experiencing a bad morning, so I don't have to smile as I leave the barista that just rung up my morning cup of coffee.   -I was stuck in traffic this morning and wasn't in the mood, so I didn't  feel like opening the door for the intern with the big pile of papers/books in hand on the way into work. -I haven't heard back from my old high school friend for like 10 years, and they just called in for a favor, why bother responding. -I did not appreciate how my grandparents...